Monday, January 3, 2011

Poem

I watch you now from heaven,
as the angels gather near,
asking, "Who's that you are watching?
I say, "Hush now I can't hear".
So, they arch their heads a little,
wondering...what it is I see,
Then I smile for just a moment,
And say, "that's my family".
I know they think about me,
Sometimes struggling through the day,
They want to wrap their arms around me,
See me run and smile and play.
"Do they know that here in heaven,
All the Father has in store?
That I do all of these things,
Yes, these things, and so much more.
God said I made a difference,
And my life there had a goal,
Then He wrapped his arms around me,
And He said, "Your heart is whole".
And my parents love me so much,
I'm so blessed to call them mine.
How I wish that I could tell them,
That I watch them all the time.
Jesus said "It won't be long child,
Just you wait and see,
In the twinkling of an eye,
you'll all be here with me.
No more surgeries or doctors,
No more tears, and no more pain.
Just a family hand in hand,
Walking through the summer rain.
So when you think about me,
as I know you often do,
Remember I'm not gone,
I am waiting here for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment