Monday, January 3, 2011

Another Poem

IF AND WHEN:

IF I cry a thousand tears
The hurt will still be there
From now until we meet again
It will never seem quite fair

IF I could kiss you sweet good nights
And tuck you into bed
I would never ask another thing
No more evenings would I dread

IF I woke up tomorrow
To see your smiling face
In my loving arms you'd stay
Fitting perfectly into place

IF pasts could be re-written
You'd still be here with me
My heart no longer broken
How happy we would be

IF everything had went just right
With our little family
Together we would be right now
Ever after, happily

IF we turned left instead of right
Or came instead of went
I'll always wonder if somehow
Things would be different

But...

IF we let IF's define us
We live in constant fear
We lose sight of the big picture
And the reason for our tears

So WHEN I cry a thousand tears
To clense this soul of mine
I'll know that you are with me still
And TOGETHER we are fine

WHEN everything is right again
And we're joined for eternity
This time we are apart right now
Will seem simply itty bitty

WHEN every morning I can wake
To see your smiling face
I'll tell you how I missed you so
And noone ever took your place

IF pasts could be re-written
I'd be happy this is true
But what if what I changed, somehow,
Changed too what made you, you?

IF everything had went just right
And you had won your fight
My happiness would radiate
The brightest of all lights

But, it seems sweetheart this is a test
To see from day to day
If our purest love would faulter
When they placed us worlds away

Tonight I lay me down to sleep
And again I'm without you
The hurt is here, it always is
And my tears are far from few

But we have something special
This test you know we've won
And what's even more about our love is ...
IT'S ONLY JUST BEGUN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment